“I've spent half my working life with Jim Palmer, it's the best company I've ever worked for.”Tim Bartle
Thank you so much for you service, we truly appreciate all you have sacrificed for us. Jim Palmer Trucking is approved through the US Department of Labor as a registered sponsor of the Military Apprenticeship program.
Earnings are based on geographical location. Once you are an official employee with Jim Palmer Trucking, you can apply for the program.
- Use your post 9/11 GI Bill benefits to train for and receive your Class A CDL.
- Qualifying veterans can earn up to $1,104.75 per month tax free. This is in addition to your professional driving wages.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Active driving license for 3 years, Social Security card, US Citizenship OR Alien Registration Card.
- NO convictions from the following list in the past 3 years:
- Speeding over 15mph
- Following too close
- Unsafe or erratic lane change
- Reckless driving
- NO more than 2 moving violations within the last 12 months.
- NO more than 4 moving violations within the last 3 years.
- NO license suspensions for points in the last 3 years.
- Must have an acceptable CSA scorecard (PSP Driver Report)
We would love to talk with you about joining the family.
“Jim Palmer is small enough that you're not just a number”Glenn Freeman